Wednesday, July 8, 2015

All'onda - Union Square, NYC

View from the street.
My favorite restauranteur in NYC is Michael White. He does Italian food incredibly well-and I love his seafood preparations. The chef at All'onda cooked with Michael White and there are a lot of similarities with his menu and the menu at Marea or Ai Fiori. Anyway, I also am obsessed with sea urchin recently and read about a specific sea urchin pasta that I needed to try. I ventured to this union Square hot spot and was not disappointed.

Website: Allondanyc.com
Address: 22 East 13th Street, New York, NY


Downstairs bar is where it's at. Full menu served,
casual ambiance unlike the more
formal room upstairs.
My sea urchin dream- bucatini with smoked uni and
spicy breadcrumbs. This was really beyond delicious.
There is a video on eater.com that details the many
steps that go into the final product. It's so good and
definitely not something you can find readily.
Crudo tasting- hamachi, tuna and fluke all served
with subtle but beautiful sauces and tastes.
Oysters- didn't plan on these but the bartender insisted
- happy hour deal for $1.50 plus who doesn't want oysters?

No comments:

Post a Comment